Peaceful Mind Psychology is hiring psychologists!
Peaceful Mind Psychology is a unique private practice. We believe that if we care for our psychologist’s wellbeing first and foremost, this has a flow-on effect to our clients.
Our practice hears your needs and tailors our approach to you. You may crave freedom and flexibility in your work to fit in with your lifestyle, or perhaps you are an early career psychologist wishing to focus on career development and progression, or maybe you wish for collegiality, peer support and connection – whatever it is, we listen and adapt our approach to you.
We are offering Independent Contractor positions for registered Psychologists (or soon to be registered) to consult private clients for 1-4 days at our Hawthorn and Prahran locations. Apart from tailoring our approach to your needs, we also offer:
Peer collaboration and development via:
- Garden parties
- Online Discussion board
- Various peer consult groups operating via Zoom
- Professional development in eating disorders or other areas of interest
- Direct support with our board-approved Principal Psychologist
- Collaboration with GP’s who we share strong working relationships with
- We believe in self-care and keep our sessions to 5 or 6 client bookings per day.
- We offer in-house self-care groups with a board-approved supervisor.
- Easily accessible support from our Principal Psychologist to help you ease into private practice.
Professional rooms with:
- Comfortable consulting rooms with a boutique feel and windows in each room
- Car parking and access via public transport
Excellent renumeration with:
- Percentage split structure based on 50-minute sessions
- No costs for room hire etc
- Take-home per session ranges from $126 to $155 depending on clinical endorsement, experience, and days at the practice
Administration support with:
- Matching clients to your areas of interest, handling of intake and all cancellations/re-bookings. We use Halaxy which allows you process payments at the end of your appointments.
A bit more about Peaceful Mind Psychology:
Our practices are located in Armadale, Prahran and Hawthorn. We have a team of over 30 Psychologists; all who are warm and professional. We predominately consult young adults between the ages of 17-35 concerning various issues, such as relationship problems, depression, anxiety, eating disorders and stress.
We are interested if you:
- Highly value client engagement via the use of counselling skills, competence in evidence-based intervention and reflective practise.
- Able to work via Telehealth (at the practice or home) for the duration of lockdown. Optional return to F2F consults if health directives permit.
- Are fully registered with AHPRA as a psychologist or close to obtaining full registration.
- Willing to obtain an ABN, Medicare Provider Number and Professional Indemnity Insurance.
To apply, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and include in an email the following:
- Why does Peaceful Mind Psychology appeal to you?
- How would a friend or family member describe your personality?
We will notify you of the outcome of your application within two days of your application.